(212) 729-8595
How Much Does Everything Cost?

The cost depends on a number of factors. Our rates start at $750 to put your application together with accuracy to ensure your success. Department of Consumer Affairs charges another $100-$700 depending on the time of year you apply and the number owners and area. If you are required to have Worker’s Comp & Disability expect at least another $3,500 a year. Installment options are available for Workers’ Compensation. Other areas outside of NYC may cost more or less. Give us a call to learn more.


Do I Need To Incorporate First?

No. You can obtain a license as a sole-proprietor or as a legal entity. If you do plan to incorporate, we suggest doing this first. We can help you with this for an additional fee.


What Do I Need To Get Started?

In order for us to ensure your application will be approved, we’ll need to collect certain documents from you. This may include a copy of a lease, a phone bill, court order, child support documents, etc.

Will this license cover me outside of New York City?
No. Each county has a different license. This license will cover you for all 5 boroughs of New York City. Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County, and Rockland County have their own home improvement license. We can assist with these outside counties as well. Please contact us to inquire. Prices and timeframes vary from county to county.
Do I Need To Buy Insurance?

If you have or plan to have employees then you will be required to purchase Workers’ Compensation and Disability Insurance. We can help you with this. If you plan to operate by yourself then you may be exempt from this requirement. An exemption certificate will be required, but we will obtain that for you at no additional cost. Counties outside of NYC will require you to obtain General Liability insurance prior to applying. We can help you with this as well.


Do I Need To Take An Exam?

Yes, you will need to pass a 30 question multiple choice exam. This exam is easy and we have never seen anyone fail yet. A study guide will be provided to you when you call. Some counties outside of NYC do not require an exam. Contact us to learn more.


My English Is Not So Good. Is The Exam Offered In Different Languages?

Yes, the exam is now offered in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Bengali.